I was so excited to try out Cricut’s new Foil Transfer Kit to make these diamond ring drink tags! Over the last year I have been somewhat obsessed with trying to find a way to add foil to my DIY projects using my Cricut Maker. Needless to say, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the Foil Transfer Kit.
I thought I’d try out a relatively easy project with these drink tags. A cute way to glam up any bachelorette party or bridal shower. And most importantly, keep track of your wine glass!
To get started on this project, you’ll need a few things.
Materials Used in This Project
- Cricut Foil Transfer Kit
- Cricut Foil Transfer Sheets
- 12″ x 12″ cardstock (65 lb)
- Cricut Maker
- LightGrip adhesive cutting mat
- Fine Point Blade
How To Make Diamond Ring Drink Tags
- Download the project file from our free design file library and open it in Cricut Design Space. Click here if you still need a password to the design file library.
Make sure that all of the layers are attached. Press 'Make It.' Select the appropriate material size and type.
- Place a 12 inch by 12 inch piece of 65 pound cardstock on your LightGrip cutting mat.
- Place one silver foil transfer sheet on the cardstock. Attach the silver foil transfer sheet on top of the cardstock using the included tape, or masking tape.
- Load the medium tip foil transfer tool in clamp B of the Cricut Maker, load the cutting mat, and press Go.
- After the Cricut Maker completes the foil design, gently remove the tape and foil transfer sheets from the cardstock. Do not unload the cutting mat for this step.
- Now, place the fine point blade in clamp B and press go.
- After the cuts are completed, unload the cutting mat and gently remove the diamond ring drink tags.
- Now the drink tags are ready for the party. Use metallic Sharpie's or gel pens for guest's to write their names.